Sundays at Quarry Hill are informal, interactive, naturalist-led programs held most Sundays, year round. Different topics weekly mean you can participate often! Nature provides ever-changing opportunities for discovery.
- Programs start at 1:30 p.m. and last about an hour.
- Most programs are held entirely outdoors.
- Cost is $5/adults, $4/kids, free for Quarry Hill Nature Center members.
- Visitors of all ages are welcome. Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registration and payment are required in advance for all programs.
- Participants are required to follow COVID-19 guidelines described in the program offering.
- See Sundays at Quarry Hill schedule.
Bird Banding Program
Enjoy a Sunday afternoon 'for the birds'! Quarry Hill Nature Center holds a Federal Bird Banding Permit and regularly bands birds for education and research. Join a naturalist to learn about bird characteristics, bird adaptations, and the Federal Bird Banding Program. Experience the beauty of birds up close when you observe trapping, netting, banding and releasing birds.
Hike with a naturalist
The 326 acres of Quarry Hill Park offers endless variety for hiking enjoyment. A Quarry Hill naturalist will provide interpretation as you explore different habitats in the park.
Meet our wildest staff members! The animal residents at Quarry Hill are hardworking and with the help of a naturalist love to tell their story. Critter programs focus on the eating, sleeping and survival skills of an animal (turtle, snake, stick bug) who calls Quarry Hill home.
Critter Sunday includes 30 minutes in the Nature Center Exploration Hall to view the animal exhibits.