Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
Snow conditions are variable with our warmer weather. Please call ahead or visit our facebook for ski rental status.
We are not renting snowshoes at this time.
Cross-country skiing is a rejuvenating sport that pairs physical exercise with the beauty of nature. Classic style cross country ski, boot and pole rentals are available in sizes for kids to adults. More than 8 miles of trails are groomed and vary from beginner to expert.
Snowshoeing is as easy as strapping snowshoes on your boots; no training is necessary! We've got a variety of styles for all ages. We'll help you choose the right style.
Equipment Use Policies:
- Equipment rented for day use at Quarry Hill Park must be secured with a driver’s license or car keys.
- Equipment may be rented for use off-site; waiver and security deposit required.
- Group rates may apply; inquire at the Nature Center.
* Rentals are available when conditions are deemed acceptable by Quarry Hill.
|Ski Rentals*:||4 Hours||Full Day||Weekend|
|Child (under 18)||$5.00||$10.00||$20.00|
|Snowshoe Rentals*:||4 Hours||Full Day||Weekend|
|Child (under 18)||$3.00||$6.00||$9.00|
Things to Note
- Aside from your ski and snowshoe tracks, look for animal tracks in the snow.
- Quarry Hill Nature Center offers ski by candlelight events. See our Calendar for upcoming opportunities.
- Use your arms and legs together to gather speed.
- Lean slightly forward for better balance.
- Use snowshoes with grips if you plan to go into woods or up hills.
- Use larger snowshoes in open areas with deep snow - like in the meadow.
- Strap the bindings on tight so you don’t have to take your mittens off to put them on again in the snow!
- The best snowshoeing happens “off the beaten path”. Try the meadow.
- Be careful not to ‘bridge’ your snowshoe.
- Dress in layers. Skiing and snowshoeing will warm you right up!