Beyond the Book: Owl Moon, 7:00 pm
Our Beyond the Book adventures continue with the children's classic Owl Moon.
Come to the Prairie House for a fireside reading of Owl Moon followed by a live owl encounter and a 30 minute hike with a Quarry Hill naturalist.
About the Book: Late one winter night a little girl and her father go owling. The trees stand still as statues and the world is silent as a dream. Whoo-whoo-whoo, the father calls to the mysterious nighttime bird. But there is no answer. Wordlessly the two companions walk along, for when you go owling you don't need words. You don't need anything but hope. Sometimes there isn't an owl, but sometimes there is.
- Book reading begins promptly at your selected time.
- Event takes place at our Prairie House site; allow 10-15 minutes to park and hike there. Check in at the Nature Center and staff will direct you to the Prairie House.
- Masks are required indoors.
- A ticket is required for all in attendance. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets required for 24 mos +
- Suggested ages 4-8 years.
- Hike is off paved trails and not stroller friendly.
- Participants may wish to bring a flashlight for the hike.
Program times: 6:00 - 7:00 PM or 7:00 - 8:00 PM