This event has already taken place! Please check out our calendar for upcoming events.
Good Natured Kids: How does your garden grow?
Get the scoop on how to nurture nature in your very own backyard by starting seeds that will create a delicious wildlife buffet. First, we will sow some seeds for wildlife here in the park and then decorate a flowerpot for the seeds you can grow at home.
Join us with your little explorer and set them on a path to becoming a good-natured kid!
Good Natured Kids classes, is offered for 3 & 4 year old children and an accompanying grown up, are all about getting outdoors to explore, learn and connect to the natural environment.
Please read our COVID-19 Preparedness Guidelines here.
Specific information for Good Natured kids is below and will be emailed to you prior to the date of your class.
- Pre-registration required.
- Class size is limited to 6 child/adult pairs.
- Only children registered for the class may attend. Siblings (including infants) and other children may not attend.
- Classes meet mostly outdoors, but include 15 minutes to come indoors and look at the Exploration Hall Animals.
- Class begins at the benches to the east of the building.
- Inclement weather back up date is the following Thursday.
- Snack will be a fun “to – go” activity you can complete at home.
- Parents/guardians will be asked to complete a COVID screening questionnaire before class for both themselves and the child
- Staff will wear face masks when physical distancing of more than 6 feet is not possible. We ask that adults and children wear face masks when unable to physically distance in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Register for the series or just your favorite topic!
$15/class, $12/class for Quarry Hill members