This event has already taken place! Please check out our calendar for upcoming events.
Nature's Bounty Series: Fall Mushroom Foray
Mushroom hunting is a wonderful way to get outdoors, exercise, and learn. This class is intended as a general introduction for beginning mushroom hunters and is not a comprehensive training. We will spend a portion of the class learning the basics of mushrooms using real-life examples of common and safe edible fall mushrooms. Afterwards, bring your basket as we head off-trail into the woods for a fungal foray. Discover where these mushrooms grow, examine their characteristics, and possibly collect some samples to bring home*.
Class is limited to 12 participants. Rain date 9/27, 9:30-11:30 am
*By city ordinance, mushroom collecting is not allowed on Rochester City Parks outside of this event.
Nature’s Bounty Series: Gathering inspiration and natural harvest from nature’s bounty. Enjoy a social science experience with good-natured friends.
Register for your favorite topic or attend all 5 sessions.
Program Guidelines & COVID-19 safety:
- Program takes place outdoors, dress for the weather. Meet at the benches on the east side of the building.
- In the event of inclement weather, the program is re-scheduled to Sunday, September 27, 9:30 - 11:30 am. Refunds will not be offered if participants cannot make the re-schedule date.
- Registration and payment is required in advance. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Masks are required for the duration of the program.
- Participants are asked to remain at home if showing any symptoms of COVID - 19, including a fever of greater than 100.4.
- Health screening questions will be conducted when arriving to the program site.