This event has already taken place! Please check out our calendar for upcoming events.
Bird Banding Program
Free for members
Enjoy a Sunday afternoon 'for the birds'! Experience the beauty of birds up close when you observe trapping, netting, banding and releasing birds. Program has limited enrollment and takes place outdoors. Click read more for guidelines & additional registration information.
Program Guidelines & COVID-19 safety:
- Program takes place entirely outdoors at the benches on the east side of the building – dress for the weather
- In the event of inclement weather, the program will be cancelled. Participants will be contacted by phone before 12:00 noon.
- In the event Quarry Hill cancels due to weather, participants will be given the option of moving to another available Sunday program or refunded.
- Registration and payment is required by Friday at 5 PM. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Masks are required for the duration of the program.
- Participants are asked to remain at home if showing any symptoms of COVID - 19, including a fever of greater than 100.4.
- Health screening questions will be conducted when arriving to the program site.
- Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.