Quarry Hill Board of Directors
Friends of Quarry Hill Nature Center is actively seeking board members.
Right now, there is an opportunity to join the Friends of Quarry Hill Nature Center (Quarry Hill) Board of Directors, an opportunity to get things done with a hard-working, environmentally-aware and dedicated group of people. Quarry Hill is on solid financial footing and are working toward continued growth and development. Now is an exciting time to get involved.
Current duties of the Board of Directors include:
- Support mission, purpose, goals, policies and programs.
- Support the staff and teachers of Quarry Hill in their work.
- Attend regular board meetings and complete action items in-between meetings. Regular board meetings are held six times per year and meetings are scheduled in the evenings, typically lasting an hour and a half.
- In addition to attending regular board meetings, serve actively on an ad hoc committee of the board that tackles initiatives identified by the strategic plan.
- Serve for up to a three-year term with the option to renew for additional three-year terms.
- Approve the annual budget, review quarterly financial statements and oversee the implementation of the annual financial audit.
- Represent Quarry Hill at events and activities.
- Believe in the mission of Quarry Hill
- Understand and be willing to make the required commitment to attend board functions
- Network and make connections in support of Quarry Hill
- Demonstrate excellent follow-through with commitments
- Previous experience serving on a board or other committees
- Display experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and development
- Public Relations and marketing
- Special Events
- Strategic Planning/Business Development
The deadline for applications is Monday, October 18. A nominating committee of four current Board members has been created to review applications and recommend a slate of nominees to fill a limited number of openings at its November board of directors meeting. New board members will begin their terms in January.
Thank you for considering joining the Quarry Hill Board of Directors. The Quarry Hill Board of Directors is making significant efforts to assure a diverse and representative board of directors. If you would like to apply for a board position, please fill out the application.
If you have any questions for the Quarry Hill Board of Directors, please email us! We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions for the Board of Directors, please email us! We look forward to hearing from you.
Current Friends of Quarry Hill Directors:
Bob Cline, President
Barb Ames, Treasurer
Accountant, Weber & Judd (Retired)
George Penokie, Secretary
Sr. Storage Architect, Broadcom Inc. (Retired)
Education Specialist, Mayo Clinic (Retired)
Parks and Forestry Division Head, City of Rochester
Chief Risk Officer, Mayo Clinic
Education; Writing/Editing; Program and Non-profit Organizational Management
Lieutenant, Rochester Police Department
Senior Communications Specialist, Mayo Clinic
Human Resource Director, IBM (Retired)